Senior Construction Superintendent – Lewiston, ME
Hebert Construction is a full-service regional contractor based in Lewiston, Maine specializing in Commercial, Corporate, Healthcare, Institutional and Public Housing market segments. Our clients call on us for our expertise that includes General Contracting, Construction Management, Design/Build, Preconstruction and Self Performance services. Proudly serving Central, Coastal & Southern Maine since 1943. This is a full-time position with direct charge and supervision of workers at the job site.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Review blueprints, plans, and other project related documents
- Attend daily/weekly meetings with subcontractors, project manager, and owners
- Balance time to keep track of progress of work being performed on the job or project
- Supervise all workers at the job site
- Daily reporting of hours, progress reports, safety records, and other related documents
- Ability to problem solve, troubleshoot, and communicate effectively
- Adhere to strict safety guidelines
- Self-perform layout and stadia work
- Maintain project schedule and subcontractor coordination for trades on site
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND KNOWLEDGE QUALIFICATIONS:
- 10-20 years of experience in commercial, institutional, industrial, or residential construction
- Proven experience with projects over $10 million
- Knowledge and experience in all phases of construction, from surveying and layout to punch list and close out
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to adhere to strict deadlines
- Ability to communicate with workers, subcontractors, vendors, and office staff
- Own hand tools
- Have reliable transportation
- Ability to travel within the state of Maine
- Work with limited supervision and as part of a team
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Standing 7 or more hours/day
- Walking 7 or more hours/day
- Lifting 25-50 lbs w/ good body mechanics
- Twisting Moderate: 121-480 twists/day
- Bending Frequent: 481- or greater bends/day
- Squatting/Kneeling 3-7 hours/day
- Endurance Heavy Energy (7-9 mets)
- Wrist Position Extensive Deviation
- Pinch Position Frequent: 481- or greater pinches/day
- Hand/Wrist Rep Frequent – 2881 or more (more than 6 per minute)
- Manual Dexterity Gross dexterity w/ infrequent fine motor skills
- Vision 20/40 required w/color discrimination/depth perception.
- Working with arms above shoulder height required occasionally 3-6 hour/day.
- Occasional requirement for use of Hepa Respirator.
- Paid vacations and holidays
- Retirement plan
- Potential for tuition reimbursement or student loan assistance
- Tool reimbursement program
- Employee health, dental, life accident, critical care, and disability insurance
This job description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of all the responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with the position. While it is intended to accurately reflect the position activities and requirements, the Company reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and assign other duties as necessary.
*External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed here) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.