POSITION TITLE: Accounting Assistant
REPORTS TO: CFO
PREPARATION DATE: April 2023
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Hebert Construction is a full-service regional contractor based in Lewiston, Maine specializing in Commercial, Corporate, Healthcare, Institutional and Public Housing market segments. Our clients call on us for our expertise that includes General Contracting, Construction Management, Design/Build, Preconstruction and Self Performance services. Proudly serving Central, Coastal & Southern Maine since 1943. This is a full-time position with benefits including paid vacations, holidays, retirement plan and employee health, dental, life accident, critical care and disability insurance. This position requires considerable knowledge of basic accounting principles and accounting functions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assists with accounts payable including entering invoices and matching to commitments
- Assists with accounts receivable including invoice generation, payment processing, and monitoring aging report
- Reconcile bank statements
- Assist with job cost posting including recording overhead and material usage
- Run monthly statements
- Assist with collections
- Manage lien waiver collection and the summaries to complete billing package for bank and owners
- Maintain records of insurance, W9, and other related forms
- Performs other tasks as assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Accounting related degree preferred, experience many be considered as a substitute
- At least 3 years of applicable work experience required
- Experience in the construction industry is a plus
SKILLS AND ABILITIES QUALIFICATIONS AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Sage 300 – Timberline experience is highly desired
- Advanced Excel knowledge required
- Proficiency with Word and Outlook (MS 2010)
- Experience with Procore, a project management software, is a plus
- Must have high attention to detail
- Must have excellent organizational skills
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit for extended periods of time; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
This job description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of all the responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with the position. While it is intended to accurately reflect the position activities and requirements, the Company reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and assign other duties as necessary.
*External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed here) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.