Construction Project Manager
Hebert Construction is a full-service regional contractor based in Lewiston, Maine specializing in Commercial, Corporate, Healthcare, Institutional and Public Housing market segments. Our clients call on us for our expertise that includes General Contracting, Construction Management, Design/Build, Preconstruction and Self Performance services. Proudly serving Central, Coastal & Southern Maine since 1943.
This position will plan and manage construction projects from preconstruction to completion and serve as the main point of contact for their assigned projects. The PM will be accountable for accurate budgeting, jobsite safety, scheduling, project quality, and appropriately communicating and managing issues as they arise. This is a full-time position with benefits including paid vacations, holidays, retirement plan and employee health, dental, life accident, critical care, and disability insurance.
- Paid vacations
- Retirement plan
- Employee health, dental, life accident, critical care, and disability insurance.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Oversee and direct construction projects from conception to completion
- Review the project in-depth to schedule deliverables and estimate costs
- Oversee all onsite and offsite constructions to monitor compliance with building and safety regulations
- Coordinate and direct construction workers and subcontractors
- Select tools, materials and equipment and track inventory
- Meet contractual conditions of performance and review work progress daily
- Prepare internal and external reports pertaining to job status
- Plan ahead to prevent problems and resolve any emerging ones
- Negotiate terms of agreements, draft contracts and obtain permits and licenses
- Analyze, manage and mitigate risks
- Ensure quality construction standards and the use of proper construction techniques
- Seek out potential new projects
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND KNOWLEDGE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Construction management or related degree or equivalent relevant experience
- 10-20 years of construction-related experience and projects over $10M a plus
- Medical building and/or multi-use housing structure experience preferred
- Experience in supervision
- Understanding of LEAN construction principles
- Ability to read blueprints, drawings, and plans
- Knowledge and experience managing budgets
- Strong knowledge of construction materials, processes, and equipment
- Must have excellent organizational skills
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Ability to create, maintain and prioritize a project schedule
- Proficiency with Office 365
- Proficiency with project management software – Procore experience is a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Project or Primavera
- Sage Timberline & Estimating experience is a plus
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit for extended periods of time; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
This job description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of all the responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with the position. While it is intended to accurately reflect the position activities and requirements, the Company reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and assign other duties as necessary.
*External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed here) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.