POSITION TITLE: Superintendent
REPORTS TO: Project Managers and Owners
PREPARATION DATE: 2022
COMPANY: Hebert Construction is a full-service regional contractor based in Lewiston, Maine specializing in Commercial, Corporate, Healthcare, Institutional and Public Housing market segments. Our clients call on us for our expertise that includes General Contracting, Construction Management, Design/Build, Preconstruction and Self Performance services. Proudly serving Central, Coastal & Southern Maine since 1943. This is a full-time position with benefits including paid vacations, holidays, retirement plan and employee health, dental, life accident, critical care and disability insurance.
POSITION: The Superintendent will have direct responsibility for administrative and technical management of the construction site. This position will oversee self-perform labor and subcontractors. Other responsibilities include ensuring safety for all, monitoring the quality of work performed, and adhering to a schedule. The Superintendent will coordinate directly with a dedicated Project Manager.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Supervise all workers at the job site
- Review blueprints, plans, and other project related documents
- Self-perform layout and stadia work
- Attend daily/weekly meetings with subcontractors, project manager, and owners
- Maintain project schedule and subcontractor coordination for trades on site
- Balance time to keep track of progress of work being performed on the job or project
- Daily reporting of hours, progress reports, safety records, and other related documents
- Adhere to and enforce strict safety guidelines
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum 10 years of experience in commercial, institutional, industrial, or residential construction
- Minimum 3 years of supervisory experience
- Experience with projects $3M +
- Knowledge and experience in all phases of construction from surveying and layout to finishes
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Ability to communicate effectively with workers, subcontractors, vendors, and office staff
- Work with limited supervision and as part of a team
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Have reliable transportation
- Ability to travel within the state of Maine
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Standing: 7 or more hours/day
- Walking: 7 or more hours/day
- Lifting: 25-50 lbs w/ good body mechanics
- Twisting Moderate: 121-480 twists/day
- Bending Frequent: 481- or greater bends/day
- Squatting/Kneeling: 3-7 hours/day
- Endurance: Heavy Energy (7-9 mets)
- Wrist Position: Extensive Deviation
- Pinch Position: Frequent: 481- or greater pinches/day
- Hand/Wrist Rep: Frequent – 2881 or more (more than 6 per minute)
- Manual Dexterity: Gross dexterity w/ infrequent fine motor skills
- Vision: 20/40 required w/color discrimination/depth perception.
- Working with arms above shoulder height required occasionally 3-6 hour/day.
- Occasional requirement for use of Hepa Respirator.
This job description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of all the responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with the position. While it is intended to accurately reflect the position activities and requirements, the Company reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and assign other duties as necessary.
*External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed here) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.