Senior Construction Superintendent
Project Managers and Owners
Hebert Construction is a full-service regional contractor based in Lewiston, Maine specializing in Commercial, Corporate, Healthcare, Institutional and Public Housing market segments. Our clients call on us for our expertise that includes General Contracting, Construction Management, Design/Build, Preconstruction and Self Performance services. Proudly serving Central, Coastal & Southern Maine since 1943.
The Superintendent will have direct responsibility for administrative and technical management of the construction site. This position will oversee self-perform labor and subcontractors. Other responsibilities include ensuring safety for all, monitoring the quality of work performed, and adhering to a schedule. The Superintendent will coordinate directly with a dedicated Project Manager. This is a full-time position with benefits including paid vacations, holidays, retirement plan and employee health, dental, life accident, critical care, and disability insurance.
- Paid vacations
- Retirement plan
- Employee health, dental, life accident, critical care, and disability insurance
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Supervise all workers at the construction site
- Review blueprints, plans, and other project-related documents
- Recognize unusual or complex problems and provide solutions
- Self-perform layout and stadia work
- Lead daily/weekly meetings with subcontractors, project manager, and owners
- Maintain project schedule and hold subcontractors accountable
- Balance time to keep track of progress of work being performed on the job or project
- Daily reporting of hours, progress reports, safety records, and other related documents
- Mentor laborers on-site to enhance quality and build future workforce
- Adhere to and enforce strict safety guidelines
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND KNOWLEDGE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum 15 years of experience in commercial, institutional, industrial, or residential construction
- Minimum 10 years of supervisory experience
- Experience with projects $10M +
- Knowledge and experience in all phases of construction from surveying and layout to finishes
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Knowledge of project management software (Procore is a plus)
- Ability to use AutoCAD for reading drawings and making simple adjustments
- Ability to communicate effectively with workers, subcontractors, vendors, and office staff
- Work with limited supervision and as part of a team
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Have reliable transportation
- Ability to travel within the state of Maine
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Standing 7 or more hours/day
- Walking 7 or more hours/day
- Lifting 25-50 lbs w/ good body mechanics
- Twisting Moderate: 121-480 twists/day
- Bending Frequent: 481- or greater bends/day
- Squatting/Kneeling 3-7 hours/day
- Endurance Heavy Energy (7-9 mets)
- Wrist Position Extensive Deviation
- Pinch Position Frequent: 481- or greater pinches/day
- Hand/Wrist Rep Frequent – 2881 or more (more than 6 per minute)
- Manual Dexterity Gross dexterity w/ infrequent fine motor skills
- Vision 20/40 required w/color discrimination/depth perception.
- Working with arms above shoulder height required occasionally 3-6 hour/day.
- Occasional requirement for use of Hepa Respirator.
This job description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of all the responsibilities, skills or working conditions associated with the position. While it is intended to accurately reflect the position activities and requirements, the Company reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and assign other duties as necessary.
*External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed here) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.